It’s that time of year! As the new year rolls around, it is time to create your 2017 costs. If you use X3’s manufacturing module, you must create standard costs for the new year. You may accomplish this in a number of ways. It can be as simple as copying your costs to the new year or you may wish to go through the exercise of recreating new standards from the lowest level on up. Listed below are a couple of quick examples of how to proceed.
- Navigate to the Cost Transfer function (COPYCOUT)
- Select All
- Select the Company and Site you wish to transfer the costs FROM.
- Select the Cost type.
- Select the Fiscal Year.
- Select the Company and Site you wish to transfer the costs TO.
- Select the Cost type – Standard.
- Select the New Fiscal Year.
- Click OK
- Sage X3 returns a log file with all of the copied costs
- Navigate to the Standard Cost Calculation Function (CALCSTSTD)
- Select your Site
- Select All for updating all of your costs for 2017
- Select the Date – if you create your standard costs ahead of time – you will “future date” this field. If you are running this after the new year – simply accept the default date.
- Select the Routing Code – usually Primary or 1
- Select the BOM Code – usually Primary or 1
- Select the Material Cost you wish to use to update your Standard Material Costs.
- Standard Cost (2016)
- Revised Standard
- Budgeted Cost
- Simulated Cost
- Last Cost
- Average Cost
- Last Purchased Price
- List Price
- Select “Deferred” if you are running this for a future date (see step 3) -or- Select “Immediate” is you wish the costs to be immediately created.
- Sage X3 returns a Log File with all of the newly calculated costs
Caution: Changing your standard costs may revalue your inventory and only carries forward on existing transactions. Existing transactions will carry the old cost.
If you need additional assistance, please use the form on the right to contact us.