One of the most crucial drivers of success in project management is the ability to effectively communicate with the various project stakeholders. This is particularly challenging for managers that use multiple applications for project communications; or for those whose stakeholders are scattered across different geographical areas. Without the right ERP system, managing project communication could be labor-intensive with inaccurate and often outdated communication, leading to costly project delays and budget overages.
With Acumatica Cloud ERP, you can manage all of these in one place! An added advantage is that you can access the information conveniently from any internet-enabled mobile device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) anytime, anywhere. Your Project Managers and their team will be well informed and up to date at every stage of the project cycle.
How Acumatica facilitates project communication
Notifications that require action
This type of notification usually includes the URL link of the item that requires action, making the process easy and user-friendly. Examples include:
- Work flows
The purpose of this type of communication is to maintain a well-informed team, so that stakeholders can take action and / or make decisions when needed. Examples include:
- Assignment of tasks or projects – “A new Project has been assigned to you”
- Sales have increased by 10%
- Project budget spending has reached 75%
These allow a user to maintain a history of internal / external communications as well as manage project documentation and forms. Examples include:
- Client communications
- Internal communications / collaborations
- Document management (e.g., attached project contracts, requisitions, purchase orders, contractor’s insurance information)
Automatic report delivery
Acumatica allows a user to schedule report delivery based on a pre-defined schedule and / or when certain criteria have been met. This is an efficient way to provide stakeholders with an up-to-date status of the project. Examples include:
- Project(s) profit and loss – To be delivered every month
- Expense / revenue analysis – To be delivered every month or when expense / revenue reaches X%
- Project budget – To be delivered every month
- AR aging – To be delivered when Invoice(s) Past Due is greater than 30 days
- AP aging – To be delivered when Voucher(s) Past Due is greater than 30 days
Using the right communication tools are key to successful collaboration and team decision-making. Acumatica is the right ERP application to help you manage project communications efficiently while achieving the organization goals.
For more information, contact us by filling out the form at the right.