Why use sales force automation – a contrarian view
While most articles will tell you that Sales Force Automation, or SFA, is key to managing sales, they don’t tell you that many SFA projects fail due to lack of buy- in from the team. It’s true that good SFA tools can lead to:
- Better forecasting
- Accurate sales metrics such as days to close or % win/loss
- Increased company revenue
But only if your organization truly uses the software. In order to drive adoption in your sales team, it helps to keep their needs top of mind when you implement a new solution.
SFA tools can help individual sales people – and the firm by:
- Improving Lead management – allow the sales person to track all assigned leads and qualify or set follow ups with a few clicks. Let the system do the record keeping and make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Sales productivity – software really can improve day-to-day efficiency. Quicker quoting, automatically emailing prospects, and tracking the details. Your sales team can focus on selling, and the system automates the details.
- Drive follow-up sales – repeat customers are the best customers. Never let a service contract expire, a membership lapse or have a customer have your product out of stock. With scheduled reminders and triggers, your team can seize the repeat business without missing a beat – and improve their commissions at the same time.
If you are interested in learning more about sales automation software and how it can integrate with your business’s strategy, let’s talk.