If your business offers services – as a professional firm or a resources exploration company – you need software solutions that keep everyone connected.
With the right enterprise resource planning software solution, you’ll have the proper tools that connect core components of your business, helping your teams be more productive and coordinated. You’ll have better outcomes for your business and your customers.
Your ERP solution helps your business, whether field services, professional services like law and accounting firms, and oilfield services, with the unique, industry-specific functionality that is necessary for success.
An ERP solution also solves common challenges among services companies, including:
- Meeting customer expectations for reliability and on-time delivery
- Regulatory compliance with local, state, federal, international and industry mandates
- Loss of institutional and client knowledge due to employee turnover
- Complex taxation requirements
Below is a closer look at the core benefits of ERP software and why Acumatica is ideal for field, professional and oilfield services.
Unique challenges for industry
Your company’s business requires specialized solutions that address core challenges that are often difficult to resolve. That’s where Acumatica comes in. Acumatica’s ERP solution has been designed to deliver on the greatest needs for field services, professional services and oilfield services businesses.
Here is a closer look at some of the challenges each of those industries regularly faces:
Field service companies have to address a wide range of customer demands and complexities in scheduling, operational efficiency and logistics. Among the common challenges are:
- More product complexity as the variety of and technology used in products grow. Items such as refrigerators, washing machines and HVAC systems are increasingly “smart.” These connected devices require technicians that can address mechanical and digital issues.
- Increased competition in both product sales and service providers
- Ever-increasing customer demands and expectations
- Staff turnover due to retention challenges and an aging workforce
Professional services firms are selling an intangible product – time and knowledge. This creates challenges related to workload management and balancing client services with sales and marketing. Law, accounting and other professional services businesses are looking for:
- Commercialization of data and insights delivered via automation solutions
- Technology that can automate complex processes by breaking them into simple components such as research, data analytics, document assembly, contract management and project management
- Data agility that allows for better collection, storage, reporting and usage of large amounts of information that provides for faster, accurate insights and solutions for clients
- Staff efficiency driven by technology that allows for employees to focus on more critical, strategic tasks instead of clerical and administrative responsibilities
Complex projects occurring in multiple geographies requires tools to collect and transmit large data sets in real time that can inform key decisions. Oilfield services companies often grapple with:
- Managing potential risks
- Maintaining financial control across projects in different areas and under different legal structures
- Supporting upstream players via repair and maintenance of wells and drilling equipment, drilling rig leasing and seismic data processing
- Real-time visibility into production costs, yields and outcomes
- Data sharing across multiple systems
- Compliance with multiple regulatory mandates
- Optimizing field logistics and the supply chain
- Tracking equipment and other assets
These challenges are among the core reasons to use an Acumatica ERP solution.
Advantages to ERP solutions for services companies
Why are more services businesses turning to enterprise resource planning solutions? Because these products address core needs and deliver operational excellence, allowing principals to focus on key business needs.
Here are some of the advantages of choosing a cloud-based Acumatica ERP:
- Single source. Eliminate the need for costly third-party integration services, expensive add-ons and inefficiency with a completely integrated system that provides a single source of data that can be used across the company.
- Accurate, efficient data. With one data source, there’s no need to re-enter information in different systems, resulting in fewer errors and information that is more precise.
- Streamlined operations. Improve efficiency with integrated applications for financials, customer relations, distribution, project management, project accounting and service management.
- Anywhere access. With cloud-based access and mobile applications, users can access information, files and reports from any internet-connected device at any time and from any location.
- Security. Service companies have legal and regulatory mandates about how data, especially client data, is collected, stored and used. Other requirements specify security precautions that need to be in place. Acumatica data is secured with the most rigorous physical and software protection.
- Cost predictability. One license allows you to extend access to new employees or other users without incurring incremental costs and additional licensing fees. Extend access to customers to review accounts and check on status.
- Operational ease. The cloud-based solution means there is no on-premises equipment to install, configure, maintain and upgrade.
- Scalability. As your business grows, your Acumatica ERP scales accordingly, allowing more data to be stored and accessed easily.
- Relationship management. Improve your company’s relationships with partners, suppliers and customers. Gain a 360-degree view of your customers’ interactions with sales, marketing, finance, fulfillment and customer service.
- Customer management. Manage leads, contacts, accounts and cases with a consolidated view of all prospects and customers.
- Automated sales and marketing. Integrate your sales and marketing operations with automation tools that track, manage and assign leads to sales teams, resulting in shorter sales cycles and increased closed-business rates.
- Contract and order management. Use company-defined sales workflows to expedite orders and contract creation and execution with tools to handle discounting, flexible pricing, variable service rates and long-term or warranty-specific support cycles.
- Adaptability. Acumatica ERP is designed to respond to ever-evolving and changing customer demands for better service, incorporating cloud computing, business intelligence, analytics, automation, e-commerce and mobile technologies.
- Better insights and productivity. Business intelligence tools and dashboards deliver insights into client trends and purchasing patterns that increase billable hours and staff productivity.
- Integrated document management. Share invoices, customer interactions, inquiries and contracts across disciplines to provide consistent and coordinated service. Automated and rules-based workflows route documents, track activity, avoid delays and signal when a step in the process is behind schedule.
- Logistical control. Dispatch calendar boards optimize travel routes, rearrange appointment orders, schedule and dispatch employees to the right job at the right time.
- Time and expense management. Make timesheet and expense report entry easy for your employees, subcontractors and partners with capabilities on mobile devices. Accelerate the collection and reporting of project costs with tools that consolidate expenses and allocate shared expenses.
- Project accounting. Manage project budgeting, billing and profitability across projects, employees, materials, resources and tasks. Project accounting integrates with general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and inventory management.
- Improved cash flow. Fulfill orders and requests faster with fewer mistakes, allowing for faster collection and reconciliation processes.
- Collaboration. Portals allow for internal collaboration and partnership with freelancers, contractors, partners and customers.
- Employee empowerment. With a single source of data and a complete view of client engagement, employees have a more complete understanding of relationships, can make better decisions, and can deliver better service.
- Employee engagement. Better scheduling, allocation and assignment tools allow for better employee outcomes, improved engagement and reduced risk of burnout. These benefits lead to more satisfied, productive and effective employee outcomes.
- User friendliness. Acumatica allows users to customize views, displays, reports and dashboards using fields and data that are most relevant to their work. Browser-based drop-down menus, point-and-click functionality and visualizations make the platform easy to use quickly.
- Software integration. Acumatica integrates seamlessly with other work productivity applications such as the Microsoft Office suite of programs. It also integrates with credit-card processing, barcode, project management, e-commerce, print, promotion and supply chain solutions.
- Reliability. Acumatica’s ERP solution is designed to remain operational, a promise made in guaranteed service level agreements.
- Data recovery. In the case of a natural disaster or a cyberattack, Acumatica data backup and recovery services ensure that there is minimal disruption and fast restoration of your data.
Acumatica’s enterprise resource planning solution is designed with service industries in mind. Its applications meet specific needs for field services, professional services and oilfield services providers, including:
- Financial Management – General ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, currency management, tax management, deferred revenue accounting, intercompany accounting, recurring revenue management, fixed assets, human resources and payroll
- Customer Management – Sales automation, integrated marketing, service and support automation, customer self-service
- Project Accounting – Cost tracking, advanced billing, time and expense management
- Inventory Management
- Sales Order Management
- Purchase Order Management
- Materials Requirement Planning
- Requisition Management
- Time and Expense Management
- Service and Support Automation
NexTec Group proudly works with services companies and other industries to identify the systems and tools that make a difference and deliver a competitive advantage. Our skilled and experienced consultants have extensive knowledge of the industries, vendors, products and features, helping our customers choose, implement and optimize their technology solutions.
NexTec works closely with Acumatica customers to deploy and configure the ERP solution and integrate legacy systems to create an integrated software product. We also provide training, insights and supports to ensure your business gets the most return from your investment. To learn more about how NexTec and Acumatica deliver exceptional products that solve your services company’s most critical business needs, give Acumatica a try.