The right customer relationship management (CRM) solution can make a major difference in how your employees engage with customers and prospects. Customizing CRM solutions allows for even more powerful information sharing, usage and return on investment for your technology.
1. Ask the users
When considering customizations, it’s very important to include the users in identifying, prioritizing and implementing new solutions. Your users, from salespeople to customer relations staff to finance employees, are those who use the CRM the most.
Be sure to ask them how the CRM could improve their sales or customer service. Ask for the wish list and consider engaging them in prioritizing the customizations. Getting user buy-in early helps ease implementation and user adoption.
2. Make it simple
CRM customizations should focus on simplifying or automating tasks, saving staff time and providing more insights. Your CRM likely offers lots of options. You don’t need all of them on your employees’ dashboards. Consider customizations that create a different look and feel for each role. Some solutions, like Salesforce, offer optimization tools that show what features are and are not being used.
3. Focus on data
In order to be truly effective, your CRM needs to have the best and most accurate data available. Raw data can be transformed into actionable insights, but only if the data are good to begin with. Consider customizations that provide easy access to data and give employees a 360-degree view of customers. And if the right data isn’t available, make that a separate priority project.
4. Integrate with enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions
When you integrate your CRM with your ERP solution, your business gains transparency, unified data and more collaboration. With a single source of data truth, your employees know they’re working with the same accurate information. Integrating these tools gives your business considerable advantages, including:
- Better business development with stronger insights on new-business targets.
- Improved operations using automation solutions and better-designed processes that allow for better measurements of marketing campaigns, deals closed and customer relationships.
- Visualizations that take historical and real-time data to give you a clearer picture of key business metrics, including budgeted vs. actual costs, ROI, cost reporting, profitability and lifetime customer value.
- Improved responsiveness to customer needs and requests using automation tools that respond faster and deliver more insights on customer sentiment and loyalty.
5. Choosing the right ERP CRM
Choosing the right ERP CRM, like Salesforce Foundations, gets you further faster. With Salesforce Foundations, you can get connected to Salesforce functionality and power quickly.
Salesforce Foundations lets you manage sales teams and assign leads, see progress with intuitive reports and dashboards and give your employees an easy-to-use introduction to Salesforce.
Salesforce Foundations is right for your business if one or more of these apply:
- It’s your first CRM
- You have 5-25 users
- You’re upgrading from another CRM
- You have a short timeframe
NexTec helps companies select, implement, and leverage leading CRM solutions. Our experience with hundreds of CRM implementations means we can boost ROI through all phases, including configuration, data migration, user training and ongoing support. Learn More About CRM.