It’s that time of year! As the new year rolls around, it is time to create your 2020 costs. If you use the Manufacturing Module in Sage X3, you must create standard costs for the new year. You may accomplish this in a number of ways. It can be as simple as copying your costs to the new year or you may wish to go through the exercise of recreating new standards from the lowest level on up. Listed below are a couple of quick examples of how to proceed.
- Navigate to the Cost Transfer function (COPYCOUT) (See Figure 1)
- Select All
- Select the Company and Site you wish to transfer the costs FROM (See Figure 2)
- Select the Cost type
- Select the Fiscal Year
- Select the Company and Site where you wish to transfer the costs TO
- Select the Cost type – Standard
- Select the New Fiscal Year
- Click OK
- Sage returns a log file with all of the copied costs
- Navigate to the Standard Cost Calculation Function (CALCSTSTD) (See Figure 3)
- Select your Site
- Select All for updating all of your costs for 2020 (See Figure 4)
- Select the Date – if you create your standard costs ahead of time – you will “future date” this field. If you are running this after the new year – simply accept the default date.
- Select the Routing Code – usually Primary or 1
- Select the BOM Code – usually Primary or 1
- Select the Material Cost you wish to use to update your Standard Material Costs
- Standard Cost (2019)
- Revised Standard
- Budgeted Cost
- Simulated Cost
- Last Cost
- Average Cost
- Last Purchased Price
- List Price
- Select “Deferred” if you are running this for a future date (see step 3) -or- Select “Immediate” if you wish the costs to be immediately created
- Sage returns a Log File with all of the newly calculated costs
Caution: Changing your standard costs may revalue your inventory and only carries forward on new transactions. Existing transactions will carry the old cost.
If you need additional assistance, please use the form on the right to contact us.
In order to revalue the inventory after a Cost Transfer or Deferred Cost Calculation, you must run the Standard Cost Adjustment (FUNSMI) function. This function does not appear on your browser menu. However, you may run it as a task.
Navigate to Usage>Batch Server>Query Submission
- Enter or Select your Site
- Enter the FUNSMI function in the task code field
- Enter the date for the function to run. You must run this task if you selected the Deferred Cost Calculation update or the Cost Transfer.
- Enter a time for the task to run
- Click Validate.
- The query/task will run on the date and time you selected.