NexTec has an exciting opportunity for an ERP Application Consultant in one of our five offices (Pittsburgh, Seattle, Orlando, New Jersey, Houston, Cleveland) within the National X3 Division! This individual will further NexTec’s X3 division future through business systems and analyses as well as value added consulting. This position provides leadership on processes and issues between internal customers, consultants, and the business systems by performing the following duties personally or through co-workers. Possesses and applies a working knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization (manufacturing, distribution or financial systems) to complete difficult assignments. Under supervision, performs work that is difficult but usually involves limited responsibility growth potential.
- Handling requests from customers
- Informing customers and prospects of services available
- Understanding the customer’s business rules and requirements to develop detailed system requirements
- Train existing customers on new applications
- Train new customers on existing applications
- Act as interpreter between technical and non-technical users
- Work with other consultants on projects from inception to completion including on-going status reports to involved parties
- Test new systems/modifications prior to implementation
- Create/modify documentation
Education and Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in designing, testing and documenting complex enterprise and departmental systems on a variety of platforms, CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related field, background in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and work with users at all technical levels.
- Understanding of Relational Databases
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret and technical issues and procedures. Ability to write business correspondence and knowledgebase articles. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Customer Focus – Cultivating strategic customer relationships and ensuring that the customer perspective is the driving force behind all business activities.
- Quality of Work – Advocating, developing and providing the highest quality work products required of the position.
- Results – Setting high goals for personal and/or group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communications and Teamwork – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective relationships with customers (e.g. peers, functional partners, external vendors, alliance partners, etc.).
- Job Knowledge – Exhibiting industry best practice knowledge, subject matter expertise, and subject matter understanding. Demonstrating and encouraging in others a zeal for new knowledge, experiences, and challenges. Regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities.
- Integrity and Trust – Demonstrating high standards of ethics and values, setting a positive example for others even in the face of opposition.
- Possesses a business sense.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Detail orientation and organizational skills
- Able to deliver service under time constraints
- Able to work under pressure situations
- Able to work on projects on nights and weekends when required
- Able to multi task
- Able to travel 70% of the time.
- Solid planning, time management, communications, decision making, presentation and organization skills. Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, project management software, presentation software and database programs.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume using the form to the right or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.