Sometimes, making a switch is easy. However, as is the case in replacing an aging enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution, making a replacement is akin to a heart replacement. Just as the human body can’t survive without a heart, the modern business can’t survive without an ERP solution, and making a replacement for either is complex, but in some cases is absolutely necessary to the long-term health of the patient.
The difference however, between a heart replacement and an ERP replacement is that the supply of hearts is limited—there’s probably only one heart available that’s a match—there are many different ERP options with many different people holding opinions on which one is “right.” In this, you will hear a lot of noise from end users, decision influencers, vendors, partners, and more on how to proceed and what to select. This is why we would like to share with you two new guides to help you know when it’s time to upgrade your ERP system and whether the Cloud is the right deployment option for your business.
Is now the time to replace your ERP solution?
Whether you’ve outgrown or outlived the life of your current ERP system, you will start to notice that once-easy tasks are now taking a long time to process and complete. Once you start to see these failures, two of the most dangerous courses of action are a) inaction, and b) hastily jumping into an ERP decision.
This is why it pays to be proactive, knowing the warning signs before they start to cripple your business so that you can start the discussion before it’s too late. This guide, When should you replace your ERP system, shares the warning signs, including:
- It does not support the needs of the business (lacks functionality, is hard to use, response time is too slow)
- Operating costs are too high
- You rely on spreadsheets to get things done
- Executives get little useful insight from the system (lack of dashboards, self-service BI, or they are difficult to use)
Additionally, this guide shares some of the basic benefits of what a modern ERP solution can do for your business:
- Increase sales and improve customer service
- Improve cash management and reduce outstanding receivables
- Reduce purchasing and production costs; increase efficiency
- Improve inventory turnover
- Better utilize people, equipment, and materials
Download the free When It’s Time to Upgrade Your ERP System guide to learn more.Download guide
Is the Cloud the right deployment option for ERP?
If you’ve realized that now is the time to make a move, the next decision is on the deployment model: Cloud, Hosted, or On-Premises. From personal use to multinational enterprise, the cloud has become a major talking point, especially as it pertains to ERP. This guide, Is the Cloud Right for My Business, shares a few considerations you need to make if you are considering the cloud for your ERP system.
Among the takeaways:
- When done right, a cloud ERP deployment should be invisible to system users
- When looking at software, consider the software first, then the deployment option. Making the deployment option first limits your software choices, and could trap you with the wrong software.
- Cloud computing doesn’t necessarily cost less (or more) than conventional on-premise deployment.
To learn more, download the entire guide, Should I Move My ERP to the Cloud.Download guide
Getting the answers: Speak with an expert today
As we mentioned above, the most dangerous course of action is a hasty decision. The second most dangerous is inaction. This is why it’s important to start looking at options now, so you know what questions to ask and to prepare for pitfalls and challenges that come with every ERP deployment and implementation. If you have any questions about the move to ERP, contact NexTec Group for information, or learn more about Acumatica.