Your distribution company needs an enterprise resource planning (ERP) product that reduces risk and provides the right information when it’s needed most.
The dynamic reality of the distribution business means that leaders need an ERP solution that provides real-time intelligence on key performance indicators. That means better decisions on distribution management, inventory control, order management and stock forecasting.
Common challenges in distribution
The distribution industry relies on its customers needing a steady flow of products. Yet the often-unpredictable changes in B2C or B2B demand can leave distributors with excess or insufficient inventory.
Supply chain management is another challenge for many in the distribution business. Automation is critical for the modern supply chain, using real-time alerts for better ordering and warehouse management.
Distribution relies on speed, so optimizing picking, labeling, compliance and shipping are important areas where better efficiency means improved profit margins.
These challenges are why distributors need ERP solutions that include functionality unique to the vertical. Ideally, your ERP should include business intelligence and CRM integrations, order management functions, fleet management, inventory management and shipping. Distributors offer end-to-end services, meaning they need more than the typical ERP provides.
The Acumatica distribution ERP advantages
Acumatica understands the unique needs of distributors. The Acumatica Distribution Edition is designed to help companies with logistics and supply chain management. The Distribution Edition includes tools for:
- Warehouse management
- Inventory management
- Requisition management
- Sales order management
- Purchase order management
- Advanced financials
The ERP is fully integrated with Acumatica CRM, manufacturing, field service and project accounting solutions.
Here’s how Acumatica Distribution Edition can help your business.
- Key Performance Indicators. Most businesses use common KPIs such as cash flow, sales and margins to measure performance at a point in time. Acumatica Distribution Edition includes dashboards and reports to highlight the KPIs that matter to distributors, including inventory turnover ratio for high- and low-turnover items, on-time shipping ratio and profitability by item.
- Warehouse Management. Use barcode scanners and customized workflows to automate core warehouse functions, including picking, packaging, purchase order receiving, reshelving, transferring and counting. Workers can use preprinted smart scan sheets for hands-free operations while lot and serial number tracking reduces mistakes.
- Inventory Management. Acumatica helps you know what’s in your warehouse at any moment. Tools allow you to segment inventory by class, know product availability across multiple warehouses, highlight out-of-date inventory and set reorder points. Use multiple valuation methods to manage costs accurately across multiple locations.
- Sales Order Management. Integrate your sales workflows with automation tools that save time and improve customer experiences. Sales order management lets you configure alerts for status changes and predefine order types with inventory allocation rules for better workflows and document management. Not all vendors and customers are the same; the sales order management tools let you set up volume or quantity discount rules and preferred pricing.
- Requisition Management. Eliminate paperwork with automation software that streamlines complex purchasing processes, including sales quotes, approvals, vendor bidding.
Acumatica’s distribution ERP is designed to solve your greatest business challenges. To get the most out of your ERP, choose the right Acumatica partner to guide the installation and use of your solution. NexTec helps distribution and manufacturing companies find and implement the right software to improve business processes. Give Acumatica a try to see how it can transform your distribution business.