Wholesalers and distributors need Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to help them reduce risk and provide real-time intelligence on key performance indicators (KPIs). Data in real-time means better decisions on distribution management, inventory control, order processing, order management, and stock forecasting.
Learn more about how Acumatica data-driven insights help distribution businesses.
Common challenges in distribution
Distributors industry rel on customers needing a steady flow of products. Yet unpredictable changes in B2C or B2B demand can leave distributors with excess or insufficient inventory.
Supply chain management is another challenge for many in the distribution business. Automation is critical for modern supply chain wholesalers and distributors that need real-time alerts for better ordering and warehouse management.
Distribution relies on speed, so optimizing picking, labeling, compliance, order processing, and shipping are key areas where better efficiency means improved profit margins.
These challenges are why distributors need a top-notch ERP distribution system that can help them manage their supply chain and logistics. Ideally, your ERP application should include inventory management, order management, fleet management, order processing, shipping, and integration with CRM and business intelligence.
Choose Acumatica to manage your distribution
Acumatica Cloud ERP – Distribution Edition is built to help you manage your logistics and supply chain, improve customer satisfaction, reduce order times, and control costs. The Distribution Edition is cloud-based and fully integrated with manufacturing, field service, project accounting, and Acumatica CRM. The Distribution Edition includes:
- Warehouse management
- Advanced inventory management
- Requisition management
- Sales order management
- Order processing
- Purchase order management
- Advanced financials
Here’s how Acumatica – Distribution Edition can help your business.
- Key Performance Indicators. Most businesses use common KPIs such as cash flow, sales, and margins to measure performance at a point in time. Acumatica – Distribution Edition includes dashboards and reports with KPIs that matter to distributors, including inventory turnover ratio for high- and low-turnover items, on-time shipping ratio, and profitability by item.
- Warehouse Management. Use barcode scanners and customized workflows to automate core warehouse functions, including picking, packaging, purchase order receiving, reshelving, transferring, and counting. Workers can use preprinted smart scan sheets for hands-free operations while lot and serial number tracking reduce mistakes.
- Inventory Management. Acumatica helps you know what’s in your warehouse at any moment. With Inventory Management, you can segment inventory by class, know product availability across multiple warehouses, highlight out-of-date stock, and set reorder points. Use multiple valuation methods to manage costs accurately across multiple locations.
- Sales Order Management. Integrate your sales workflows with automation tools that save time and improve customer experiences. With Sales Order Management, you can set up status change alerts and predefine order types with inventory allocation rules for better workflows, order processing, and document management. You can also set up volumes, quantity discounts, and preferred pricing for individual customers.
- Requisition Management. Eliminate paperwork with automation software that streamlines complex purchasing processes, including sales quotes, approvals, and vendor bidding.
Acumatica – Distribution Edition is designed to solve your most significant business challenges. NexTec Group is a gold-certified Acumatica partner and has deep experience in ERP implementation. If you are a wholesaler, distributor, or manufacturer, we can help you streamline your distribution processes and get up and running with Acumatica. Learn how to manage your distribution business in the Cloud today. Additional distribution resources
Distribution: Key metrics/KPIs for distribution
ERP and Business Intelligence in the distribution industry