Field services companies face unique challenges, from data integration and maintenance management to scheduling, dispatching and route management.
Managing these challenges requires a business software designed for the field services industry. An enterprise resource planning (ERP) product like the Acumatica Cloud ERP Field Service Edition provides functionality designed specifically to meet those challenges head-on.
Here’s a closer look at how Acumatica helps you address these 5 field services challenges.
1. First-time fix rates
Returning to a customer to redo work is costly. Often return work is due to poor, inaccurate or incomplete information about the customer’s problem, inaccurate location data, incorrect equipment or a mismatch with technician skills.
2. Scheduling predictive repairs
Sensors installed in equipment are able to alert your business when needed repairs are critical. Businesses that can respond promptly to these issues using the Internet of Things and wireless technologies can prevent larger repairs.
3. Managing service contracts and warranties
Maintaining the revenue from service contracts means tracking expiration dates and managing appointments and service calls. Warranty information needs to be integrated with other functions, including sales and customer service, while accurate tracking of what parts are under warranty is critical.
4. Emergency service calls
Emergencies can derail technician scheduling, route optimization and equipment availability. A field services ERP should provide the right integrations to minimize the disruptions.
5. Siloed data
Field services companies that keep customer data, processes, scheduling and finance in separate systems are working from behind. An ERP solution integrates data from myriad functional areas and systems, giving all employees a 360-degree, transparent look at operations, customers and information.
How Acumatica Cloud ERP Field Service Edition solves common problems
Acumatica’s field services ERP solution is designed to solve common and complex problems in the industry. The main benefits and features include:
- Scheduling, dispatching and call center management to expedite responses with accurate service needs, customer information and history, and create or modify schedules
- Route planning using Google Maps to optimize resources. The module includes route plotting for service techs, lists of required equipment or machines, and real-time adjustments to reflect traffic conditions that are sent to the technician’s mobile device
- Mobile service management with mobile apps for Android and iOS, with instant access to service information and customer data
- Emergency service call integration using visual tools to add unplanned calls and send changes to the technician
- Equipment maintenance records for each piece or machine installed at a customer’s site, including manufacturer, model, configuration, necessary repair parts and preventative maintenance schedules and orders
- Inventory management to track the locations and costs of tools and parts that are spread across warehouses and vehicles
- Warranty management to track simple and multidimensional contracts
- Project cost tracking
- Personalized dashboards
- Business intelligence insights
Acumatica knows the issues and challenges for the field services industry and has developed the ERP that meets critical needs. At NexTec, we help businesses identify, select, install and optimize their investments in key software solutions. Our experts work regularly with Acumatica solutions that make a difference. To learn more, take the Acumatica Product Tour.