Companies in need of flexible, scalable, and accessible business management or enterprise resource planning (ERP) software have spent the better part of the last decade heading to the cloud—with good reason. Providing customization, industry focused technology, and robust, easy updates that don’t cause headaches, cloud providers deliver for the needs of today’s businesses, and few if any do it better than Acumatica.
From their five-star channel program to their status as a visionary on the Gartner Magic Quadrant to high showings on both the ERP and CRM Value Matrices from Nucleus Research, Acumatica continues to deliver. However, this company is not one to rest on its laurels, and has once again made improvements to the platform in the newly released Acumatica R2 2019.
New functionality added to Acumatica Cloud ERP
No matter your business focus, Acumatica 2019 R2 has a wide range of new features designed to make your job easier, your visibility better, and your decisions smarter. From across-the-board improvements to industry enhancements, Acumatica’s latest update delivers more usability and functionality than ever before.
These enhancements are twofold, as Acumatica relies on both a push strategy and a pull strategy, responding quickly to user requests and releasing new features to stay ahead of the competition. Among the improvements added in their latest release:
At the core of any business is the financial management functionality. Without this module bringing in information from across the ERP platform, companies can’t see where the money is going, or track where money is coming from., making the payment application difficult. As always, Acumatica delivers. Among the improvements to the financial management platform:
- Corporate credit card support and reconciliation
- Application of payments to particular lines of Accounts Payable documents
- Simplified approval of Accounts Receivable invoices, credit memos, and debit memos
- Accrual of the costs of non-stock items
From hours tracking to allocating people, the project management functionality is vital to the long-term success of the business. Project-based businesses need accurate time and expense, project management, budgeting, and forecasting in order to execute a profitable project—and Acumatica delivers:
- Budget control on document entry
- Detail level of the project budget
- Two-tier change management for change orders
- Project budget forecasts which allow comparisons of actual project costs and incomes with the forecasted, original, and revised budget amounts for each financial period.
Inventory and order management:
No matter your line of business or industry focus, having the right materials, inventory, or supplies on hand at the right time is necessary. Whether you produce, distribute, or use items to service your clients, you need an ever-evolving inventory and order management solution, and Acumatica makes that happen:
- Prepayment enhancements
- Changing the vendor in purchase orders
- Enhanced linking of direct sales order invoices
- Validation of customer order number on sales orders
- Accrual of the costs of non-stock items to calculate their approximate net income.
- Warehouse management System (WMS) advanced picking
Modern field service businesses need to deliver the highest levels of service to exceed customer expectations and increase profits. A leading provider of software for these businesses, Acumatica has long delivered improved visibility, control, and customer service over the years, and has added the following to their product in 2019 R2:
- Service orders automatically defined by user or appointment type
- Supports creating service contracts, project schedules and tasks with default cost codes by service order type
- Calendar enhancements for simplified appointment creation
- Mapping enhancements to track technician location in the field
Manufacturing is in a constant state of change, and today’s businesses need an ERP and manufacturing management product that can keep up. In the latest Acumatica release, manufacturers are treated to the following improvements:
- Engineering Change Control (ECC) streamlines multiple change requests
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) improves forecasting and exception handling
- Outside processing of manufacturing operations by suppliers
Innovation and partnership: The Acumatica advantage.
While there are many benefits to working with Acumatica, one of the biggest is their ability to innovate. Thanks to their 100% partner model, the company can focus a high percentage of their staff on research and development while allowing a selective and well-trained group of partners, like NexTec Group, the freedom to customize a solution for customers like you.
NexTec Group is a leading provider of this powerful, innovative platform, and recommends the solution for many of our growing customers. Get to know more about the update and contact us for a free consultation.